M H Scott is the CEO of Parents Coaching Parents, LLC that helps sports parents and their student athletes in his community towards athletic scholarships.
He’s an author, community advocate and overall NBA baller dad of Mike Scott.
As the father of professional athlete, Mr. Scott provides tips and ideas on how we can continue to support our athletes on their sports journey.
Here are some of the takeaway:
- Don’t be afraid to ask who is the decision maker in potential team (i.e. coach, assistant coach, trainers, administrator etc.)
- For travel teams – what are the policies (i.e. is there a study hall, is there bed checks? etc.)
- For scholarships – what happens if your athlete is injured?
- Be our athlete’s first agent
- After a game, let the athlete engage the conversation. Don’t always talk about it play by play. Give them time and space to initiate.
- During games, be mindful of side line coaching
Mr. Scott’s book is called “You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know. Sports Parents Guide” is available for purchase on Amazon books.
To learn more about his organization and how connect with him follow on Instagram @pcpnetwork.
Let’s continue to Support Cheer Unite each other and our athletes.
Click below to watch the full conversation.